16th ASIA PACIFIC CHRIE (APac-CHRIE) CONFERENCE 2018
Date: May 31 – June 02, 2018
Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
THIRD ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper Submission Deadline Extension: Feb 28, 2018
We are pleased to announce the “16th Asia Pacific CHRIE (APac-CHRIE) Conference” to be organized by Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China. Welcome all delegates to the beautiful city and great country.
Call For Papers
The conference will focus on a broad range of topics related to tourism and hospitality. The conference organizers invite papers, abstracts and presentations relevant to the theme of the conference “Innovation and Sustainability” in hospitality/tourism. Papers are also invited in the sub themes of:
- Social media and sharing economy
- Big data and marketing
- Sustainable development strategy
- ICT and social networks
- Ethics, leadership, and corporate social responsibility
- Social innovation
- Knowledge economies, knowledge management
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Human resource management and organizational behavior
- Destination branding and promotion
- Tourist experience and human interactions
- Consumer behavior in hospitality/tourism
- Public-private partnerships
- Culture, localization and globalization
- Community resilience and social capital
- Rural tourism and green tourism
- Papers related to the theme of “one belt one road”
- Other papers related to the theme of the Conference.
Who Should Attend?
- Academics and educators in tourism/hospitality fields
- Managers of hotels/restaurants/tourism businesses
- Trainers in tourism/hospitality/restaurant fields
- Tourism/hospitality researchers and industry consultants
- Interregional organizations with interest in tourism/hospitality industry
- Administrators of tourism/hospitality management educational programs
- Tourism/hospitality/ restaurant industry executives and representatives of multinational firms
- Financial institutions and tourism industry investors
- Tourism policy makers and national tourism organization directors
- Students in tourism/ hospitality management
- Two types of submission are invited: working papers (in the form of maximum 1,500 words extended abstract), and full papers of maximum 5000 words.
- Submissions must be original and should not be already published nor under review for publication elsewhere.
- Individual and multiple authors are welcome to contribute.
- Authors are welcome to submit two or more papers if they
- Once the submission is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and present at the conference.
- Submissions must be made to: email@example.com
- Papers will be presented in either oral (i.e. stand-up presentation) or visual (i.e. poster) form. Authors should state their preference when submitting their work, but the organising team will make the final decisions.
- Authors will retain full copyright to their work and the conference organisers are making no claim on the copyright. It is for this reason that we are not placing the papers and abstracts on the internet.
- Abstracts submission deadline has been extended to 28 Feb, 2018.
- Abstracts (three (3) pages extended abstract, typed, single-spaced and maximum 1,500 words) should be submitted for review and selection.
- The abstracts should summarize the key points of the paper and with a maximum of 6 keywords that define the subject matter.
- The paper is reviewed based on the quality of the abstract. Thus, ensure a complete abstract is submitted.
- Authors should write their name and indicate their affiliation (e.g. university name, country) only below the title of the paper.
- All the abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Paper Review Committee and authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers.
- Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and present the paper at the Conference.
- Camera ready versions of the accepted papers will be distributed to all the conference delegates via CD-ROM (with ISBN) or USB drive.
- Best papers will be competitively selected and authors will be acknowledged with a plaque and certificate.
- Selected papers will be considered for publication in Sponsor Journals of the Conference.
Full Papers Submission
- Manuscripts submitted to 16th APacCHRIE Conference 2018 should be original contribution and should not have been previously published nor under consideration for publication elsewhere. Individual and multiple authors are welcome to contribute.
- Manuscripts must be written in English.
- The abstract should summarize the key points of the paper with a maximum of 6 keywords that define the subject matter.
- Manuscripts should normally not exceed 5,000 words.
- All contributions should follow the format and style described in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 6th edition).
- All manuscripts should be typed in MS WORD format, single-spaced with one-inch margins and using 12-point Times New Roman font (exception of tables 10-point Times New Roman).
- Manuscripts should include the following major sections & sequence: title, affiliation of the authors (e.g. university name, country), abstract (not more than 500 words), keywords (3-6 words only), main body (Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Findings, Conclusion) and references.
- The main body or text should be divided into headings and subheadings. Main headings should be centered on the page and subheadings placed at the left margin.
- Tables and figures (300dpi) should be clearly labelled, in the format and style described in APA (6th edition) and suitable for direct reproduction.
- References should follow the format and style described in APA (6th edition).
Deadlines for Submission
Abstracts Submission: 28 February 2018
Full Paper Submission: 21 April, 2018
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Template for abstract: Template Ab
Template for Full Paper: Template FP
Best Paper Awards
Best paper awards will recognize outstanding papers presented at the conference. Only full papers are eligible for consideration; watch this space for further details.