16th ASIA PACIFIC CHRIE (APac-CHRIE) CONFERENCE 2018
Date: May 31 – June 02, 2018
Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS
We are pleased to announce the “16th Asia Pacific CHRIE (APac-CHRIE) Conference” to be organized by Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China. Welcome all delegates to the beautiful city and great country.
Call For Papers
The conference will focus on a broad range of topics related to tourism and hospitality. The conference organizers invite papers, abstracts and presentations relevant to the theme of the conference “Innovation and Sustainability” in hospitality/tourism. Papers are also invited in the sub themes of:
- Social media and sharing economy
- Big data and marketing
- Sustainable development strategy
- ICT and social networks
- Ethics, leadership, and corporate social responsibility
- Social innovation
- Knowledge economies, knowledge management
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Destination branding and promotion
- Tourist experience and human interactions
- Consumer behaviour in hospitality/tourism
- Public-private partnerships
- Culture, localization and globalization
- Community resilience and social capital
- Rural tourism and green tourism
- Other papers related to the theme of the Conference.
Who Should Attend?
- Academics and educators in tourism/hospitality fields
- Managers of hotels/restaurants/tourism businesses
- Trainers in tourism/hospitality/restaurant fields
- Tourism/hospitality researchers and industry consultants
- Interregional organisations with interest in tourism/hospitality industry
- Administrators of tourism/hospitality management educational programs
- Tourism/hospitality/ restaurant industry executives and representatives of multinational firms
- Financial institutions and tourism industry investors
- Tourism policy makers and national tourism organisation directors
- Students in tourism/ hospitality management
- Abstracts (three (3) pages extended abstract, typed, single-spaced and maximum 1,500 words) should be submitted for review and selection.
- The abstracts should summarize the key points of the paper and with a maximum of 6 keywords that define the subject matter.
- The paper is reviewed based on the quality of the abstract. Thus, ensure a complete abstract is submitted.
- Authors should write their name and indicate their affiliation (e.g. university name, country) only below the title of the paper.
- All the abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Paper Review Committee and authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers.
Deadlines for Submission
Abstracts Submission: 31 January 2018
Full Paper Submission: 21 April, 2018
- Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and present the paper at the Conference.
- Camera ready versions of the accepted papers will be distributed to all the conference delegates via CD-ROM (with ISBN) or USB drive.
- Best papers will be competitively selected and authors will be acknowledged with a plaque and certificate.
- Selected papers will be considered for publication in Sponsor Journals of the Conference.
Full Papers Submission
- Manuscripts submitted to 16th APacCHRIE Conference 2018 should be original contribution and should not have been previously published nor under consideration for publication elsewhere. Individual and multiple authors are welcome to contribute.
- Manuscripts must be written in English.
- The abstract should summarize the key points of the paper with a maximum of 6 keywords that define the subject matter.
- Manuscripts should normally not exceed 5,000 words.
- All contributions should follow the format and style described in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 6th edition).
- All manuscripts should be typed in MS WORD format, single-spaced with one-inch margins and using 12-point Times New Roman font (exception of tables 10-point Times New Roman).
- Manuscripts should include the following major sections & sequence: title, affiliation of the authors (e.g. university name, country), abstract (not more than 500 words), keywords (3-6 words only), main body (Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Findings, Conclusion) and references.
- The main body or text should be divided into headings and subheadings. Main headings should be centred on the page and subheadings placed at the left margin.
- Tables and figures (300dpi) should be clearly labelled, in the format and style described in APA (6th edition) and suitable for direct reproduction.
- References should follow the format and style described in APA (6th edition).
PDF Version: Call for Papers– APacCHRIE2018